Science Model Question
CLASS – X
MODEL QUESTION PAPER
CLASS – X
Total No. of Questions : 18 + 9 = 27
Time : 2 ½ Hours Full Marks : 60
1 Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
2 The question paper has two Groups ‘A’ and ‘B’ and it is compulsory to answer all the questions of both the Groups.
i) Group ‘A’ (Physics and Chemistry) – 40 Marks
ii) Group ‘B’ (Biology) – 20 Marks
3 . Marks allotted to each question are printed against it.
4.. Write the answers of questions in the context of instructions given.
5 . Do all rough work on the last page of the Question-cum-Answer Booklet and nowhere else.
6 Internal options have been given for some questions. You are to attempt only one option in such questions.
7. Question Nos. 1 to 6 of Group A and Question Nos. 19 to 21 of Group B are ‘Very short answer’ type questions. Answer each one of these questions in one word or in one sentence.
8. Question Nos. 7 to 12 of Group A and Question Nos. 22 to 24 of Group B are ‘Short Answer-11’ type questions. Answer each one of these questions in about 30 to 40 words.
9. Question Nos. 13 to 16 of Group A and Question Nos. 25 and 26 of Group B are ‘Short Answer-I’ type questions. Answer each one of these question in about 40 to 50 words.
10. Question Nos. 17 & 18 of Group A and Question No. 27 of Group B are ‘Long Answer’ type questions.Answer each one of these questions in 70 words.
11. Draw neat and clean diagrams wherever necessary.
Model Question Group A (Physics & Chemistry)
1. What is the SI unit of power of a lens?
2.Write the chemical formula of common salt.
3. By which instrument potential difference is measured?
4. What is the alloy of Copper and Zinc called?
5. Which is the most important device to protect electric circuits from the harm caused by short circuit and overloading ?
6. Write the functional group present in HCHO.
7. Find the focal length of a convex mirror whose radius of curvature is 32 cm.
8. Red-brown powder of copper is heated as shown in the figure. Labell (1) and (2) of the figure.
9. An object is placed in front of a concave mirror beyond the centre of curvature C. Draw the ray diagram of the image so formed.
10. What is pH scale ? Write pH value of a neutral solution.
11. Give names of two energy sources that you would consider to be exhaustible. Give reasons for your choices.
12. An element X is in group 1 and third period of the periodic table:
(a) What is X – metal or non–metal?
(b) What is its valence?
13. Why is the colour of the clear sky blue?
Or, Explain why the planets do not twinkle?
14 Write the balanced chemical equation for the following and identify the type of reaction in each case.
(a)Potassium bromide (aq) + Barium iodide (aq)→ Potassium iodide (aq) + Barium bromide(s)
(b) Zinc carbonate (s)→ Zinc oxide (s) + Carbon dioxide (g)
(c) Hydrogen (g) + Chlorine (g)→ Hydrogen chloride (g)
(d) Magnesium (s) + Hydrochloric acid (aq) → Magnesium chloride (aq) + Hydrogen (g)
15. Write name and colours of three wires used in domestic wiring.
16. Draw the structural formulae for the following compounds :
17 (a) How can three resistors of resistances 2 ohm 3 ohm and 6 ohmbe connected to give a total resistance of 4 ohm and 1ohm
(b) What is resistance? Write its SI unit.
What is electrical generator? Write its principle. Draw a labeled diagram of A.C. generator.
18. An organic compound X is widely used as a preservative in pickles and has a molecular formula C2H4O2. This compound reacts with ethanol to form a sweet smelling compound Y.
(a) Identify the compound X.
(b) Write the chemical equation for its reaction with ethanol to form compound Y.
(c) How can we get compound X back from compound Y?
(d) Name the process and write the corresponding equation.
Science Model Question Group B (Biology)
19 What is the structural and functional unit of Nervous System?
20 Through which process of asexual reproduction does a yeast cell reproduce?
21. Mention two traditional methods of water conservation.
22. What is reflex arc? What are its components?
23. What are the advantages of sexual reproduction over asexual reproduction?
24. What can be bad impacts of depletion of Ozone layer?
25What are fossils? What do they tell us about the process of evolution?
26. What changes would you incorporate in your life-style in a move towards a sustainable use of our resources?
27.(a) What is the function of Lymph in our body ?
(b) Draw a neat diagram of human heart and label the main parts.
(a) Why are the small numbers of surviving tigers a cause of worry from the point of view of genetics?
(b) How is the sex of the child determined in human beings?
Was this helpful?
0 / 0